Video Course: SMT-BGA-BTCExpand your knowledge of surface mount technology with Ray Prasad's SMT video course. Learn a number of subjects in detail, including fine pitch BGA and BTC, troubleshooting issues, reflow BGA, and more.
This is a live recording of Ray's 3-Day SMT course, divided into 9 videos.
SMT Part 1: SMT Components and Process Steps
SMT Part 2: Advanced Packaging & SMT Implementation
SMT Part 3: Design for Manufacturing: Lead Free Only
SMT Part 4: Design for Manufacturing: Lead Free & Tin-Lead
SMT Part 5: Adhesive & Paste Application
SMT Part 6: Solderability & Soldering
SMT Part 7: Application Specific Soldering
SMT Part 8: Flux and Cleaning
SMT Part 9: Inspection & Repair
SMT Part 10: SMT Defects and Their Causes
You can view our detailed outline of each section.
If you are in management or in sales, you may want to watch Part 1 and 2 only. For little better understanding, you may want to watch other sections of interest to you.
Manufacturing, process, design, test, quality personnel and their managers who are involved in designing or producing tin-lead/Lead Free SMT and mixed-technology assemblies and want to reduce product cost and improve process yield should attend this course.
This course can help you establish a strong internal infrastructure in DFM for SMT, fine pitch BGA and BTC using both tin lead and lead free components. You will get a good understanding of root causes of major defects in SMT and through hole tin-lead and Lead Free assemblies and ways to prevent them. After completing this eight part video course you will be able to:
- Get an in-depth understanding SMT, tin-lead and LF BGA, CSP and emerging technologies such as BTCs (QFN, MLF)
- Troubleshoot BGA, fine pitch and BTC problems in manufacturing
- Determine best way to deal with backward and forward compatibility situations (Lead Free and tin-lead components on the same board).
- Understand metallurgy of lead free solder to enable selection of appropriate lead free solder alloys, soldering and rework processes and equipment.
- Understand details of application specific soldering such as low temperature alloy soldering, mixed alloy soldering, selective and laser soldering
- Understand factors in selecting appropriate components and PCB laminates and how lead free affects your choices for components, laminates and surface finishes
- Ensure your boards are designed for manufacturability and yield
- Troubleshoot SMT, BGA, BTC and fine pitch problems in manufacturing for both tin lead and lead free.
- Use the knowledge gained in this course to develop and or improve your internal DFM and Process documents.